Thursday 7 October 2010

'Ian Speaks' - from the gob of Ian Dury #3




Unpublished gems from the gob of Ian Dury #3. Photo: courtesy of Chris Gabrin

“Fred Rowe at the Torrington… I was singing and I saw a brandy glass come flying through the air. Smash! It bounced off me and hit the drummer. Fred’s talking to a girl with large bosoms and didn’t notice it. I said, ‘Fred, a geezer’s just thrown a glass, get up the back, when he moves he’s yours.’ When the number finished I said, ‘I get paid to stand here like a cunt, who threw the glass? Whoever it was better go home now. You all know who he was, send him packing.’ The geezer moved and Fred said ‘Gotcha…’ ”

Ian Dury Biography 2010 fan page on Facebook
Ian Dury: The Definitive Biography Facebook group
Ian Dury Biography on MySpace
Follow Will Birch on Twitter
Will Birch website

No comments:

Post a Comment